Anonymous asked: Both Karkat and John and Jane had their parents attacked by hitman in the past. Are those hitman related to any of our main characters? Besides the main characters (the 8 kids and 12 trolls equivalents), are there any other hitman currently in GFD and VB?
for karkat, his father was attacked by a group related to one of the hitmen, though i can’t reveal who they are just yet. john’s father was attacked by low-ranking goons from rival company [possibly trying to rile up jane].
those 20 are the main hitmen of the story [in that they probably have the most prestige and notoriety in their respective regions]. i suppose it can be assumed to everyone else is just small fries, really. currently i’m trying to work in the wanderers and other significant prospitians/dersites into the mix, but i can’t guarantee any of them are going to be hitmen. :>
Anonymous asked: Okay so, in canon Jane does not really have narcolepsy, it was just Vriska practicing mind-powers in humans, so Jade doesn't fall asleep anymore. Will this be reflected somewhat in this AU? Just wondering~ ;u; I'm in love with Hitmanstuck btw♥
haha as much as i like sticking close to canon as i possibly can, this would make things too complicated.
in hitmanstuck the trolls are humans and while they retain their originally powers, they have been substantially watered down. vriska does have some form of mind control or psychic powers but it’s not as strong. also i tend to associate jade with sleep and premonition-based dreams in general so i wanted to keep that aspect part of her. it just manifested as mild narcolepsy haha. i hope this makes sense!
Question with 1 note
Anonymous asked: I am very impressed by the world you're building, and also your drawings are very pretty! :) I can't wait to see more. That said, I have a few questions: why do all the trolls have a human form and a troll form? Can they transform back and forth? Do they dress up for added intimidation? And speaking of dress, why do all the hitmen wear such pretty clothes? It seems like they'd want something less obtrusive, given that as I understand it, their second jobs aren't exactly sanctioned by the law.
first off, thank you very much :) you have very good questions!
the reason they have a troll and a human version is purely for recognition and aesthetic purposes. they are in fact humans in the au. i thought the human form on its own would be too abstract for people to understand or a character sheet. also, after having received a good amount of requests from people who wanted to cosplay the designs, i wanted to offer them a troll option as well so that their character is recognizable when they wear it :) iiiii hope this makes sense, haha.
i also kind of answered that last question is some audio post i did some time ago. i myself understand that real life hitmen would never in their right mind wear this kind of bright and flamboyant garb [that’s like placing a target on yourself!]. but this isn’t really a realistic au to begin with, haha. honestly i just wanted to have fun with their outfits! also i like suits, and i needed a way to incorporate their character color schemes :> it’s all for fun, i suppose.
alright put all the emrallt hitmen in one set~
caliborn is straight-up cray, to say the least. he really enjoys the fact that he gets paid to slaughter whoever whenever. since calli is usually in touch with the alphas, caliborn isn’t far behind. he likes to bother dirk the most.
handmaid (referred to as ms. megido in the mansion) is one of the most favored servants of LE, though she can be a bit defiant at times. she bares a strong resemblance to aradia [though whether there is a connection or not isn’t clear] and generally confuses the fuck out of sollux and droog when they’re doing their runs. jake has known her since his childhood, though interactions with her have been sparing.
Introducing hitmen of a 3rd region~
alright so a number of you have expressed interest in cosplaying from my Hitmanstuck AU whaaaaat
and as much as i would like to use this time to keyboard-mash gratuitously and roll around on my floor and revel in the fact that people find appeal in my designs that’s not what this text post is for.
now of course:
- i am completely fine with it and you do not have to ask me for permission because people cosplaying hitmanstuck will never fucking ever be a bad thing to me ; u ;
- and as i’ve mentioned a number of times before, my only condition is that you send pictures my way when it’s finished!
anyway, i would like to keep track of you guys so may you please leave the design you’re going to cosplay and what convention you might wear it at?
reglub for afternoon people~
Eridan Ampora and Feferi Peixes
Weapon(s) of choice:
- Rifle (various)
Method: “Kingpin topples, everyone grovels” – because they are 2 of the richer hitmen in the Veilchen Borough, they have access to more exclusive information on the whereabouts/operating points of the bigger targets; will only go after big names [better intimidation tactic because the fear permeates to underlings]
- Eridan is a young man who hails from a rich family in Veilchen. They have always suspected his father of being involved in orchestrating many rival killings but otherwise cannot prove it. Eridan admires his father for his business and territorial conquests, likening him to a economic general of sorts. He has been friends with Feferi since their childhood and was naturally excited when he learned of her hitman status. However, his habit of choosing only well-paying jobs does not sit well with her.
- The heiress from the other side of Terranos, Feferi’s family’s company is loosely associated with BC Corporation but otherwise a steadfast rival in the economy. As an impressionable young girl, Feferi spent a lot of time with her bodyguards and the company’s skip tracers. Since she will not inherit the company for some time, she takes it upon herself to protect her family’s legacy by any means necessary.
Gamzee Makara and Tavros Nitram
Weapon(s) of choice:
- Dual clubs [sometimes Hammer]
Method: “Freelance warfare with subtle care” - truth is that no one really knows what they’re doing and how it is they go about it; they do tend to cause a ruckus, however, but the unpredictability factor scares many on its own
- Gamzee is the son of a crime lord whose syndicate is known for their brutality. Because of recreational drug use he’s rather carefree and reckless in a passive fashion. However, he is highly unstable and has a number of budding psychological issues, mostly unknown in source. His childhood friend Karkat, who is now legally bound to be responsible for him, is usually there to maintain his well-being. He is very capable of snapping, however, and when he does it’s not pretty. His method of killing gets especially sloppy and ruthless, morphing more into actual torture, rather than offing on the spot. This often results in overkill and draws much unwanted attention that compromises the situation.
- Tavros had been a very active hitman before an incident has crippled his legs. He is now indebted to a robotics aficionado from Veilchen for the advanced biomechanical legs he must use to operate on the field. However, they are fairly uncomfortable, so he tends to hang back and help gather data while his partner goes out into the fray. Back when Tavros was a bit more active, his gentle nature prevented him from performing his duties quickly and cleanly. Every now and again, Tavros tries to take the initiative and help Gamzee exterminate the targets at hand.
Equius Zahhak and Nepeta Leijon
Weapon(s) of choice:
- Fists/Brass knuckles
- Claws/Throwing knives
Method: “Beast in the cage” - hold back unless holding back is unnecessary; important to appear intimidating but kills usually fall short of such nature; extremely efficient in abiding by what is detailed in the contract; Equius tends to have a habit of taking contracts exclusively from the wealthy, which doesn’t sit still with Nepeta
- Equius belongs to a family that specializes in biomechanical engineering. He is a proper sort of fellow that emphasizes poise and efficiency, so he has a habit of sticking exceptionally close to exactly what the contract entails. This could also be due to the fact that he usually takes solicitations from those of the upper-class nature, and he does not like to disappoint. Though he is capable of brutality, Equius is very controlled and advises his ward to do the same.
- Nepeta is Equius’ young ward. She was placed under his care around the time he turned 19 because of the sudden disappearance of her mother [who had also been a legendary hitwoman]. Nepeta is inexperienced but ruthless, and is constantly trying to show Equius that she can take care of herself, eager to get him off her back about her unconventional [according to Equius] methods and her safety. She knows he means well, but the smothering can frustrate her.
Vriska Serket and Kanaya Maryam
Weapon(s) of choice:
- Dice/Explosives (various)
Method: “Ace up the sleeve” - a very strange, wild card tactic that employs purposely falling short in order to achieve something of a more showy caliber; though dependent on chance, there is some control behind the chain of events that trigger the hit; mostly for intimidation kills
- A brash, former member of a gang in the district, Vriska was drawn in by the monetary perks and underworld prestige of being a hitman. Because she relies on luck/chances a lot more than she should, she’s found herself [and unfortunately her partners] in a number of dangerous situations. Though she comes from a very well-off family, Vriska rejects the posh lifestyle and has adopted her relatives’ penchant for ‘doing your own thing.’ She is also very street-smart and has a bit of a gambling problem, often blowing most of her earnings off the local casinos.
- Although she wields something as brutal as a chainsaw, Kanaya does not take the time to do anything extra other than offing on the spot, so long as it can be done in a clean and artful manner. On her spare time she works with Karkat at a local orphanage, using a portion of her earnings to aid the ailing youth of Gold Fortune’s streets. Kanaya had not originally started contract killing on her own volition, but felt it was necessary after seeing the injustice some children face after being the indirect victims of the more vicious and ruthless hitmen.
Aradia Megido and Sollux Captor
Weapon(s) of choice:
- (???) no one knows how he kills
Method: “Ghosts in your head” – they are the best at mindplay and information manipulation; no one knows when they’re tracking them or at what stage of the hit they are at; destroy’s the target’s sense of safety; also takes months to find the body
- Aradia had specialized in discovering old sloppy kills and covering them up before law enforcement could think anything of it. After getting caught up in a dangerous incident that no one thought she survived, she emerged again [after a dormant period] as a covert operative, working in the shadows and playing on her ‘dead’ status to remain under the radar. When she does decide to show her face, Aradia’s preferred weapon is the whip, and it is rumored that she really does possess the ability to communicate with spirits.
- Sollux is a free agent who roams Terranos and performs jobs for whoever pays the most. Though he is capable of being on the field, his primary specialty revolves around computer programming and hacking. He often deals with contracts that involve issues with cyberwarfare and is offered large sums of money for his expertise.Though they aren’t technically partners, he uses his free time to attempt to meet up with Aradia discreetly, so as not to blow her cover.
Page 1 of 2